How to Throw a Dream Dinner Party
If you’ve been a part of Saie’s world, then you know we like to throw a good party. For this year’s holiday party in Los Angeles, we teamed up with our friends at Jumbo Time Wines to create our super sippable apple-grape natural wine, Saie When.
In true Saie fashion, we celebrated our wine and hosted a holiday party to remember. From festive streamers and decadent tablescapes to small bites and thoughtful party details, here’s how we put together a very Saie holiday soiree.
HOW TO SET THE TABLE
If the vibe is right, the night is right. Before any drinks or food are set on the table, our events team goes all out to make sure the space itself is set up for celebration. For our holiday party, we dimmed the lights and draped red and white streamers from the ceiling and on the walls to create a canopy of festive color. And, of course, we filled the space with Saie presents for that extra bit of holiday glitz.
We suggest going DIY on the music—your gathering deserves a personal touch and the tunes are an easy place to make it happen. We made a cheery playlist that pairs perfectly with mingling, sipping, and good conversation. Grab it here:
Oftentimes, the table becomes the centerpiece of any lively party. It’s where the food is placed, it’s a natural space to gather and chat, it’s a moment to capture that pic for IG, and it provides an opportunity to go big on decorations. While we typically love a minimal and understated aesthetic, we wanted to indulge and lean into a little holiday extravagance for our tablescape. The standout pieces of our tablescape were our homemade wine bottle candles with garland and branches draped throughout them.
Here’s how you can recreate them at home:
- Grab some empty wine bottles in a dark hue
- Take a plain white wax candle and place it in the opening of the bottle
- Tie a velvet ribbon in red or green around the neck of the bottles
- Light the candles for moody ambience
- Using curly hazel branches (you can get these at a craft store) and strings of thin garland, loosely weave together and place them on the table to create a winding effect throughout the bottles
- For more accents on the table, add pinecones, feathery and deep mauve grasses, amaranth and white poofs of cotton
WHAT TO SERVE
An essential for hosting a memorable holiday party… good food and good wine! We decked our table with bottles of our limited edition natural wine, Saie When, but any light, easy-to-sip libation will do. Our personal tip: just don’t run out of refreshments. ;)
As for food, a holiday party is all about mingling, so we opted for small plates instead of a sit down dinner. We were lucky to have chef and food stylist Max Rappaport make homemade bite-sized ravioli and risotto. If you’re hosting at home, keep things easy with small, grabbable bites that aren’t a fuss to put together and don’t require a lot of clean up.
CHOOSE YOUR HOLIDAY LOOK
The atmosphere is right and the table is set. Last but definitely not least is your holiday look! This year is all about natural glam. Think dewy highlight, rosy flushed cheeks, a quick swipe of mascara— basically an easy look with a lot of payoff because you just decked the halls for this party.
Here’s what team Saie have been wearing to holiday gatherings this season:
- Of course—start with Glowy Super Gel! Apply our cult-favorite Starglow or our new limited edition shade Warmglow all over skin for a dewy, candle-lit glow.
- Next up, apply Slip Tint for sheer, illuminating coverage. If you’re getting ready in a hurry, Slip Tint is a must. It blends into skin easily and creates an even, fresh look that’s at once effortless and put together. The hydrating, skin-loving ingredients are a bonus, too.
- We’ve been living in Dew Blush this holiday season. We like to mix and match shades to get that natural, pinched-cheek flush. Apply onto apples of cheeks, bridge of nose, and even up to temples for a bolder, festive look. Our go-to recently has been mixing Spicy and Rosy for a healthy wash of color.
- Bring the festive evening look with Mascara 101. We love that this formula doesn’t flake or look crunchy… it really just nails the natural glam aesthetic with gently lifted, voluminous lashes. The perfect pick-me-up after you’ve prepped for a party all day.
- Finish off the look with Lip Blur for a fun pop of color that stays on all night long. All six shades are super wearable, hydrating, and won’t fade or melt while you’re hosting.
HOW TO PICK PARTY FAVORS
In step with the occasion, we sent our guests home with Saie When to share with friends and family during the holidays. We think It’s a fun, sentimental touch to send people home with a little something, especially when they’re not expecting it. It’s the thought that counts, though, so you can keep it simple with something wallet-friendly and low effort like florals from the party or a small bushel of mistletoe. If you want to go big, you can buy some Saie When for yourself and for your friends. Grab it here!
There you have it. A Saie soirée. From our hearts and homes to yours, we hope you have a magical holiday season and a bright, fulfilling 2023 ahead.