Last month we unveiled Sun Melt, our creamy balm bronzer that we’ve been living in every day since it launched! It’s got that perfect, sun-kissed wash and creates this back from vacation glow that we love. To celebrate Sun Melt and all things summer (and life returning to normal! yay!) we’ve been popping up in the Hamptons, LA, and Miami with some sweet summer treats… iced oat milk coffees and lattes!
We wanted to share the latte love with everyone in our community, so we’re including our recipe for homemade iced oat milk lattes below.
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the latte:
- Coffee or Espresso beans - Our favorite beans are from Neighborhood Coffee, an LA-based coffee shop which just so happens to be run by Saie’s very own creative director, Geri Hirsch!
For the Oat Milk (Makes four servings):
- half a cup whole rolled oats
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- half a tsp. Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Fine mesh strainer
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend for about 30 seconds on high.
- Place your fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the milk into the strainer, making sure not to let any of the pulp go through. You don’t want a gummy or tacky texture… we’re looking for a consistency that’s creamy and smooth!
- Have a taste and add more maple syrup if you want it to be a little bit sweeter.
- Chill overnight in the fridge
Once your oat milk is ready, make your morning espresso or coffee. Let it cool, then pour it over ice. Top it with your homemade oat milk and enjoy!