Liquid Lip Balm
Meet our super cushiony crowd favorite everyday lip balm. A moisturizing universal lip salve with a subtle pink hue for a put-together look from morning to night. Our light and emollient formula nourishes dry lips and helps to restore and strengthen the natural moisture barrier.
Liquid Lip Balm
- Best in Class
- The best qualities of a balm and a gloss in one. A cruelty-free formula that feels super conditioning, softening and smoothing while also dressing up lips just a touch with a universal slightly pearly pale pink shade. Lightly scented with natural coconut flavor. You'll see some small air bubbles from our hot pour filling process (basically this means our formula starts warm and when it cools sometimes air bubbles are left). Don't worry, this is totally normal and there is nothing wrong with the formula - it comes from using thicker waxes and butters that need to be warmed up in order to fill the tubes.
- How to Use
- Apply liberally to lips. Re-apply as needed to help condition lips and impart a slight pale pink lustre. Can be used day and night.
- Committed to Doing Better
- Our tube is post consumer recycled plastic but we would love to move into a different material like sugarcane or seaweed one day when it's available.
Get to know the benefits of clean Lip Balm.
A natural wax produced by bees to build the walls of their honeycomb - ours is responsibly sourced without hurting any bees. It acts as a thickening agent, giving the formula structure.
A moisturizing super ingredient that improves overall quality and appearance of lips. It has the same chemical structure as sebum, the natural oil produced by the skin’s sebaceous glands. This is an amazing blend of sugar and yeast made through bioengineering. Squalane used to only be able to be created from shark livers or olive oils, both of which aren’t as renewable as sugar and yeast.
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is obtained from the dried inner flesh of the coconut (Cocos Nucifera). It is full of lower chain length fatty acids, including lauric acid, capric acid, myristic acid and palmitic acid making it a highly effective moisturizing agent. We source ours from Tahitian coconuts processed in New Jersey.
What to watch out for in your Lip Balms
This is a catch all term for many hidden ingredients. You should be avoiding any lip products with the word fragrance on it. Fragrances contain high levels of Phthalates which are hormone disruptors.
- Petrolatum (petroleum jelly + mineral oils)
Petrolatum is made from petroleum— yes, what you put in your car— that has been refined. This is a known carcinogen and creates an airtight barrier on the skin which acts enhances absorption.
- Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA)
This is one of the most common ingredients used as a preservative in lip balms. These chemicals have been linked to endocrine disruption, organ toxicity, reproductive toxicity and cancer.
Liquid Lip Balm plays nicely with
these clean beauty icons.
The Saie Look
We will forever love the cool girl on the street, on the subway, in the elevator who possesses that je ne sais quoi attitude. You know the one. She’s at once timeless and current, she pulls off an aesthetic that looks complete but was no doubt thrown together in five minutes.