Game changer. You told us you wanted a cool new highlighter that’s more dew than strobe. So bouncy, cushiony Dew Balm was born... giving you the most gorgeous, glossy, wet sheen. Then plumps skin with feel-good moisturizers and illuminators (love you, Hyaluronic Acid and Marshmallow Root). You’ve never experienced dew like this.
- Best in Class
- Why are we so excited about Dew Balm? Because it’s such a new way to highlight. We got rid of the powders and strobe and replaced them with an incredibly dewy, moisturizing base. Of course there are some reflective illuminators in the formula, but they’re dialed way down. Instead, a medley of clean, 100% natural ingredients including Elderberry, Marshmallow Root and Replenishing Fatty Acids bedews your skin with nourishment. You can feel the plumping (it feels SO amazing) and you’ll absolutely love the long-lasting glossy finish. Skin feels softer and plumper, too.
- How to Use
- Start with a little dab of Dew Balm and warm between your fingertips or on the back of your hand. Then just tap into skin. Cheekbones are the sweet spot here, as well as your Cupid’s bow, brow bone and lids. Works great on bare skin or over dewy- or natural-finish foundation (but we suggest you steer clear of matte-finish versions). This formula is buildable, meaning you can apply as little or as much as you'd like until you're happy. Our recommendation is: one thin coat for more subtle daytime dew and to dial up the glow, keep dabbing until you get the level of luminosity you're going for.
- Committed to Doing Better
- The ingredients in our dew balm have all been sourced sustainably, but what we're most excited about with this packaging is that the tube is made out of 100% aluminum. So, once you've used it all up, you can recycle it with your other metals and cans. For the future, we're working on a cap that's not made out of virgin plastic.
Get to know the benefits of Dew Balm
- Hyaluronic Acid
A clear liquid that's found naturally in the skin and helps retain moisture, creating a cushion that penetrates the skin to plump it from within.
- Marshmallow Root Extract
Marshmallow (the fruit, not the candy) helps calm inflammation or redness in the skin and encourages moisture retention.
- Nourishing fatty acids
Dew Balms are full of a variety of fatty acids: jojoba esters, olive oil, and sunflower seed oil. These make the formula feel smooth and rich, while hydrating and plumping the skin from within.
What to watch out for in your highlighter
- High levels of hydrogenated polyisobutene
This ingredient makes formulas smooth, shiny, and cushiony, but can be inflammatory and comedogenic.
This is literally plastic, and we don't want that on our skin! It's the main ingredient in any PEGs, so avoid those, too.
- Non-naturally derived butylene glycol
Butylene glycol can work as a humectant to draw moisture into the skin, as an aid for helping other ingredients work more effectively, or to make the formula have a smooth creaminess. But the petroleum-derived butylene glycol can be an irritant, so be cautious.
Dew Balm plays nicely with
these clean beauty icons.